Tuesday, December 17, 2013

Dear family and friends!This has been maybe the craziest week of my mission so far! And by far the strangest, schedule wise. So, as you all know, Elder Boehme has left to Dundee to be the zone leader. It also turns out that he is training a new missionary! That wednesday we went to Glasgow Queen Street Station and I met my new companion, Elder Christensen.
Elder Christensen is just coming from Irvine, and he's been out for 4 and 1/2 months, so we are both fairly new and young missionaries. I am actually older than him, but he is my senior companion. He is very excited to work in Cumbernauld, and due to a month period where he and his previous trainer, Elder Clement, did nothing but finding every day, he has a strong love of door chapping. So we spent a few days chapping and introducing him to investigators. AND THEN THINGS GOT EVEN CRAZIER. On Saturday night, Elder Van Den Bron and Elder Sewell gave me a call and Elder Van Den Bron asks me ''Elder Hunter, do you know anything about the choir situation?''
''What?'' ''Oh, I'm guessing that means no. You will not be in your area next week.'' At this point, my heart sunk. I thought I wasn't going to be in Cumbernauld anymore. Then Elder Van Den Bron tells me that I am going to be touring Scotland in a Missionary Concert Christmas Choir all of this week! He also told me I needed to be packed up and at Queen's Street Station at 4:00 p.m. the next day. There were so many emotions and thoughts running through me. I was (a bit still now, but I've prayed and felt ok about it) a bit nervous about leaving Elder Christenson to watch over Cumbernauld in my absence, because he doesn't know the area very well. I was also super excited about running all over Scotland to sing! So on Sunday, I packed up and headed to the mission home. It has been great here! I have made many friends, including Elder Hewitson, who can play the piano by ear like myself, and Elder Barney, who plays the piano very well and is a great friend. It turns out that I will be playing the recorder and singing with 5 other elders ''O Come O Come Emmanuel'', and singing in the other songs. That is why this email has been very short.

In most important news, Joe is now off the drink, and is a progressing investigator of the Church! Woohoo!!! It was also great because we were working at the Charity Shop, and we met this young woman named Terry, and we were talking to her about missionary work, and Stephen said ''You should meet the missionaries. It really helps!'' (Or something to that effect) It was a great week, and Elder Christenson and I found a new man named Martin to teach together. He seems really interested, and we left a Book of Mormon with him to read. Elder Christenson is very focused on the Restoration, the Book of Mormon, and, as he loves to exclaim, ''BAPTISM!!!'' Anyways, I definitely will tell you more about it next week, but I LOVE YOU ALL SO MUCH! I'm really sorry I didn't get to write more. I know the Church is true. I know the Lord sends the weak, humble, and simple missionaries to do His work. I know that Jesus Christ is my Savior and Redeemer, and I share this in the name of Jesus Christ, amen.
Love,
Elder Devin Jay Hunter
P.S. Kirk out!

No comments:

Post a Comment