Tuesday, June 17, 2014

Dear everyone,

This week was pretty good, with a few weird ends.

On Monday, we had a Family Home Evening at Sister Holmes home with the Ducusins, Sister Holmes, the Tiernans, Sister O' Leary and her daughter (less actives), and Yolanda, Jade, Malcolm, and Robin (Malcolm's niece). It was awesome! We had a huge dinner of rice, curry to put on top, a nice shepherd's pie type dish, and vegetables. Then we played a game of charades and the guess-the-name-written-on-a-piece-of-paper-on-your-forehead-by-asking-everyone-questions-about-it game. Then we met with Evan, and had a good lesson with him, but he still isn't making as much progress as we hope he will. He recently got accepted into the army this week as well.

On Tuesday, we exchanged with Mullingar and I worked with Elder Banks in the evening. We taught Yolanda and Chris Wren about the 10 Commandments and Law of Chastity, and about missionary work, respectively. Yolanda's lesson went well. Chris took over for the duration until the end when Brother Tiernan blew Chris's concern about the Jews being able to receive the gospel out of the water with a fantastic doctrinal and historical explanation. I couldn't even tell you half of it.

On Wednesday, we ended up working in Mullingar the entire day, and we taught Kira (their baptismal candidate soon, she didn't get baptized yet) and Elder Robison and I went out and had juice with a less active.

On Thursday, we had an amazing Zone Interview Training on the Nature of the Godhead, working with less-actives, and vision in weekly planning. It was very spiritually uplifting (except for the part where the sister training leaders put two headings on the board that read LA and Bury Weapons and I misinterpreted it as Californian gang activity plans.) The interview with President Brown was great. Also, I guess the seed of the Tree of Life in Lehi and Nephi's visions is the knowledge of the character and role of Jesus Christ as the Savior of the world. My understanding was greatly enlarged in that meeting.

On Friday, Elder Robison and I worked together in Sligo, and we got to go to Eagles Flying and hold more birds. It was a great experience. Elder Robison struggles a lot with depression and stuff, so it's great to spend time with him and try to cheer him up with quality Peregrine Falcon time. I also finally GOT TO PLAY THE SAXOPHONE AT THE O' LEARYS! I played the Tenor Sax with Brother O' Leary, and it was a wonderful experience for me and him! He was delighted and made delighted little laughing sounds after each song. I haven't lost any of my sax magic yet, as far as I can tell, and he wants to have us over every week. After every song that I harmonized with him-- he said ''No bother to ya!'' (translation: that was pretty good!)

On Saturday, Elder Jackson and I worked hard, and had a good day.

On Sunday, Church was great, and the Ducusins brought a huge breakfast for us all at Church which we ate at lunchtime. Then we taught a less-active Zimbabwean member named Goodrich and a 7th-Day Adventist named Shupai. We taught her the Restoration last week and yesterday taught her the Plan of Salvation up until the Fall, which is where we got stuck trying to explain that the Fall was necessary. But she still wants to learn more, and the Ducusins made good friends with her as joint teaches, although we could have used them more in the lesson. I'll work on that. She's a great investigator though!

A special shoutout - Happy father's day, all you fathers who have helped me in my life! You are all wonderful, and have had a great impact on me. Thank you Tyler, for teaching me so much and being a good example. Thank you Papa, Grandpa Gines, Grandpa Larry, Uncle Kevin, and all my other family role models and those whom I love very much! Thanks Bishop, Le-Bryan Hinton, Lynn Baldwin, Brett Young, Brother Munger, Jerre Paulson, Jon Crawford, Lex, Greg Dibble, and many other leaders that have made me who I am when I had no other father figure to turn to. And, thanks to my dad, Cory Larry Hunter, who was a great example of Christlike love, service, helping/loving kids, and who helped me be the man I am today. I love you and miss you tons. I know you are helping me now and that I will be with you again. Happy Father's Day!

Love,
Elder Devin Jay Hunter
P.S. Kirk out!
P.P.S. Enjoy the summer! =)

Me and Elder Robison, from Apple Valley, California. =) 

''Chips and Salsa''
(That's a garbage can.... Devin can't eat jalepeno's without that effect.)



No comments:

Post a Comment