Monday, June 2, 2014

Dear family and friends,
I am running out of time really fast this week, but we met with Yolanda, and she is recognizing the opposition and, she told us at her last meeting, that she doesn't feel that way anymore when she prays! She didn't come to church, but we're not giving up or losing faith, even a tidbit. We also met a woman named Shupai who loves the Bible, and knows quite a bit about where it came from. We had a great lesson with her yesterday where we tried to ask her about her background in religion, her questions, and her purposes in meeting with us. She smiled and said '' I am just here for a study! What have you prepared for me today?'' She then promptly pulled out a notebook and her bible and took notes during the lesson on the Restoration. She is very friendly, from Sedan I think, or somewhere in Africa, and is a Seventh-Day Adventist, but is very friendly, and wants to know more! :) We are excited to teach her and help her learn more. Also - a vulture bit my shoe and played and chewed on it a bit while I was cleaning their cage on a wooden platform! It was SO CUTE! Well, that's most of this week. I know that this Church is true, and that God leads His Church and leads us all by the hand back to Him.
Love,
Elder Devin Jay Hunter
P.S. Kirk out!
P.P.S. It's cool to hear Abby is going to Mexico!
P.P.P.S. I can play the guitar a bit now. I love you all!

No comments:

Post a Comment