Monday, March 24, 2014

Dear family and friends,

This week was one in which I have learned a lot about myself, and work.

First off, we met our miracle man Sean on Saturday, and it was an amazing lesson. We taught him about the Restoration, and he already knew TONS about Joseph Smith and shared many lessons from videos he'd watched with us. At one point, Elder Dustin starts talking about a short film he saw, and Sean had seen it too. To my surprise, Sean turns and starts teaching me about the video that he saw. I couldn't help but smile.

And then on Sunday morning, we got a call from Sean. He had experienced a lot of opposition from his wife and he had a ''blowout'' with her about coming to Church. He informed us that he wouldn't be able to meet with us because he didn't want to upset his wife anymore, but he said he would continue to study the videos and would contact the Elders in future. It was a hard moment for me, but I have faith that the Lord will guide him back to the path.

Basil has been in Dublin, so we won't be able to see him 'til Wednesday.

Tabby is still meeting with us, but hasn't seen any success yet. Morris is the same story.

Thursday was also Zone Interview Training, where the Assistants to the President, the Sister Training Leaders, and President and Sister Brown came to give us training. It was very uplifting, especially because I got to see Elder Boehme again! He is still awesome. I have no doubt that I will not forget my companions or not think of them in the years to come. Elder Dustin also bore powerful testimony, and we grew in our strength as a companionship. He is always serving and polite and I feel privileged to be serving with him.

We also went on exchanges on Friday, and I got to talk to Elder Banks about his family. He has gone through similar experiences, and it was a learning experience.

Well, that's all for this week, thanks for your prayers and your emails! I love you all!

Love,
Elder Hunter

No comments:

Post a Comment