Monday, July 7, 2014

Hello everyone!

I am staying in Sligo, and received Elder Erickson as my new companion and district leader. I cannot say enough about him. He is very humble and mild and is a good leader. I have much to learn from him. We get along very well, and he is a good missionary and teacher. I cannot wait for the transfer upcoming to work even harder and see miracles with him! So...
On Sunday, June 30 or so, Elder Jackson and I headed up to Dublin (Baldoyle to be exact) and stayed there with Elder Cziesla and Reece. It was sad to see him go. I will miss our singing and close friendship. On Monday, we received word that Elder De Vries (who sat next to me on the plane to Manchester, and it was the best plane ride ever! We have so much in common.) was in the hospital since 2 Sunday night via ambulance from a colon inflammation. So we went up, grabbed his companion Elder Bailey (who hadn't slept) and Elder Cziesla and him left to sleep while Elder Reece and I sat at the hospital with Elder De Vries (the world cup was on on the TV, but we didn't stare at it) and kept him company when he woke up. Then Elder Cziesla came back and stayed with Elder De Vries overnight while the three of us went and did missionary work. Then, on Tuesday, we went and got both of them, sent them on their ways, and we helped a non-member move. It was very chaotic, especially during move's chauffeuring. I finally got my new companion on Wednesday, Elder Erickson, and this week on Thursday and Friday we worked hard to do missionary work. On Saturday, there was a BBQ at the Christensons celebrating the 4th of July (on the 5th) and it was a blast. Brother Christenson is from Provo. Nobody came to Church tomorrow, and we're still working with Yolanda's family. We met a former named Emilia who is Polish and wants to join the Church and learn more about the Book of Mormon. It's exciting. We also taught Shupai about the last 1/2 of the Plan of Salvation. It was informative for both us. I hope she is able to recognize her answer from her prayers about if it is true. That's about all this week. Also, I have been getting close to the vultures. They can bite my shoe now, and I have fun with them (not cruelly, but like letting them nip my shoe or walking close to them. Elder Erickson thinks I am crazy.)

I know this Church is true. I know the application of every Gospel Principle is true. I know Jesus Christ answers our prayers, both for us and those we love and care about. In the name of Jesus Christ, amen.

Love,
Elder Devin Jay Hunter
P.S. Spock out!
P.P.S. Just kidding. Kirk out!

No comments:

Post a Comment