Monday, July 21, 2014

July 14, 2014

This week was crazy! Not too much to report this week except:

Willy Bebose, a cool Filipino guy we met who works with a thing called Couples for Christ is reading the Book of Mormon, and is very understanding of the principles taught in the book. He is our 'progressing' investigator at the moment.

We are also teaching Yolanda and her husband, Domo, the stop smoking program this week.

Today, I am going in for a stomach appointment - medication hasn't helped a ton, so I'm going to get it checked out.

Something interesting that I learned in Matthew 15:1-6... 1. We don't need to wash our hands before we eat, and 2. as in 4-6:
 4 For God commanded, saying, Honour thy father and mother: and, He that curseth father or mother, let him die the death.

 5 But ye say, Whosoever shall say to his father or his mother, It is a gift, by whatsoever thou mightest be profited by me;

 6 And honour not his father or his mother, he shall be free. Thus have ye made the commandment of God of none effect by your tradition.

I learned that we must honor our parents - it is not just a 'gift' to be nice or help or obey our parents, but it is a commandment. Something to chew on that I really learned a lot from. I appreciate my parents a lot, and I think I learned a good lesson for the future.

Well, that's most of everything for this week! Sorry it was so short - but all y'alls are in summer, so I suppose you must be pretty busy anyways. I love you all! I know this Church is true, and that parents are a gift from Heavenly Father. In the name of Jesus Christ, amen.

Love,

Elder Devin Jay Hunter

P.S. Kirk out!

No comments:

Post a Comment