Monday, January 6, 2014

I didn't realize before I learned the Gospel of Jesus Christ lesson that this is a continuous cycle that we live and repeat for the rest of our lives. We grow in faith in Jesus Christ, and that leads us to repent, partake of the sacrament after baptism, and, after being moved upon or inviting the Holy Spirit into our lives, we grow in our testimony and faith, and it starts again. It was so cool seeing all of you! I realized how precious our home is and what it means to have the Spirit dwelling at home. I am very grateful that the Spirit is able to reside at our flat (albeit we have a bit of cleaning up to do after Christmas) and that we can return to the flat each night. This week I have learned that the work of the Lord moves forward according to our diligence in keeping the commandments, much like the Liahona. Elder Christensen and I were teaching some people at their doors in Kildrum, and we were at a door where a young man was being cheeky with us. As he was proceeding to close the door, Elder Christensen threw a card into the door and it took me a few seconds to realize it. We walked away very quickly after that. We realized that then and a few doors earlier where I had been less than polite when someone closed the door quickly, that we were not being diligent in being dignified servants of the Lord. We apologized, and went to work again. We found some good people to teach again after that.
I have also been growing in my testimony that the Restoration could not have happened anywhere else or anytime earlier than in the Spring of 1820 in Palmyra, New York. There is no way that the Lord could have restored His Church and the Saints could have survived and spread the gospel except at this time. The Romanians often say that the Book of Mormon and that we claim the authority comes from its origin in America means that God loves America more than Jerusalem. I have come to know that the Book of Mormon proves that God speaks to and loves all His children, and that the Priesthood Authority of the true Church is being sent all over the Earth to establish the Lord's kingdom once again.
Elder Christensen and I have been trying to get the work moving again after it's short stumble during my choir tour and Christmas and New Year's, and we're really excited because Teresa's son Matthew is turning eight in April, and we will need to teach him the missionary discussions before he is baptized. Hopefully this will help Teresa see what she must do in order to set the example for her young sons. We are fasting as a ward for this cause this week, and we have faith that Teresa will come to knowledge of what she must do very soon.
I know this Gospel is true. I know that Jesus Christ is our Savior, and I know that Heavenly Father loves us enough that He sent His only Begotten Son to die and suffer horrible and unimaginable pains and punishments to allow us to live with Him again. I really like Elder Holland's discourse on Salvation never being easy. I would reccomend it to you all. I love you, and thank you for all your support! Stay strong in the Gospel, and always look for and pray for opportunities to share the limitless blessings of the Gospel.
Love,
Elder Devin Jay Hunter
P.S. Kirk out!
P.P.S. Happy New Year!

No comments:

Post a Comment